Tuesday, March 3, 2009

tattoos.....

I've been long thinking about my next tattoos. I have one, I got it really soon after my 18th birthday. I don't regret it, it's nice, but I have spent almost 10 years (yikes!) thinking about my next one. Tattoos are permanent people. That means FOREVER! I don't want to look at something on my 90 year old body and think, "yeah, about that decision.....oops!" So, here's what
I've been thinking of.....
I have wanted Luther's Rose for a long long time. I have just been spending this time trying to determine where I want it placed. I think I've decided that I want it on my inner arm, just under my left elbow crease. But, I can't decide if I want it in color or black and white. You see, I don't usually like too much color, and the colors in the rose aren't my personal style, but they have meaning in the description of the seal. So.....


Then there is this one, the simple yet powerful words of God, that I would like small (to keep it as a personal reminder) right on the inside of my right wrist, so that when I turn my hand up, it can be read by me.*

*sorry for the tacky pic. it's hard to find exactly what I want here.....

And then, as usual, there are always other great images that I would like to see as a tattoo, but I am not as invested in the meaning behind them. Maybe I should ask for one of these for mother's day.......

1 comment:

ruth said...

I don't think you'd regret either of those tattoos. I like the luther seal in color though, so you can really tell what it is - not "just" a cross : )