a picasa collage of some faves from our recent (and first!) family photo shoot! more to come soon! thanks so much Jamie - you certianly made us look good :)
Friday, July 30, 2010
- I'm doing grosgrain's "frock by Friday" sew-a-long this week. This will be basically my first dress I've sewn for myself, and I think it should be pretty fun!
- We've been drinking this the past week. It's one of J's fave drinks, and bridget linked to this delicious recipe so we went for it, and are glad we did!
- I've never made blondies before, but they look especially delicious this morning, so it may be a post-naptime treat here J
- I'm going a little stir crazy these days since classes are done for the summer, but I somehow managed to lose my knitting pattern for my paron apron I have been working on and need something to keep me busy!
- I practically inhaled my favorite author's newest book "Fly Away Home" in 3.5 hours last week. Now I'm on to "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," and so far, I'm not catching all the hype….
This weekend, we have old friends coming for dinner, and I'm planning on going to get a massage and doing some reading on the porch. Have a good one, friends!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
at the beginning of this past week, we went on a mini-vacation to the olympic national forest. h had a ton of firsts: first ferry boat ride, first fire-roasted hotdog (she roasted her own and ate 2 1/2!), first smore (and 2nd, and 3rd....), first time sleeping in a tent, first forest frolic, first waterfall, and first completely dry day in big girl unders (yes, i had to toss that in! it's a big first!!). it was a total blast, and we can't wait to do it again!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
I recently read a blog where the woman was talking about one of her checks off a list she titled 30 before 30. I instantly thought that sounded like a fabulous idea, and decided to tackle such a list for myself! Now, I know what ya'll are thinking, 'she's not even 29 yet, and her birthday isn't for 3 months,' but I've decided to make this list with some bigger things on it that could take longer than 1 year. The intent is to revisit this list at the beginning of every month and check off the things I've accomplished. Anyone have a milestone birthday coming up in the next couple months/years, feel free to join me! This could be fun, as well as a little bumpy at times…
Watch the series Sex & the City in entirety (I've only ever seen a random episode here and there, and the 1st movie!)
Learn to bake bread
Stop drinking soda (I had come really close to being able to check this one off, lasting a month, but in the last 2 stressful weeks, I've had 3…..)
Grow my hair long enough to donate a ponytail
Finish knitting James' 31st birthday socks (due 3/21/2010!)
Sew a dress for Hazel
Teach Hazel to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the piano
(Learn how to & ) knit a hat for myself
Determine a signature drink that I can order wherever I go, and always have the ingredients for at home
Make my own pickles
Have a stocked liquor cabinet, like an adult
- Eat a meal at preservation kitchen
Find my perfect shade of lipstick
- Actually get the Luther's Rose tattoo I've been dreaming of for 10+ years
- Keep some kind of lovely plant alive in my house or on my porch
Go on a cycling/camping trip with James and Hazel
- Eat a meal at poppy.seattle
Sing at church
- Ride my bike to the grocery store
- Take a theo chocolate factory tour
Reduce (or eliminate) use of plastic bags from the stores
- Get my makeup done at a department store counter
Make something fabulous out of anna maria horner's fabric
- Find a perfect skin care routine
Finish knitting the paron tunic for myself
Develop a regular yoga routine
- Write a song for Hazel
Drink more water every day
- learn to make Phad Thai from scratch