Friday, January 29, 2010

like facebook status' for keeps

This book is great (and on back order - boo hoo!). It has space on each page for 5 years of entries. For example, the January 29th page has 5 spaces to enter something from your day in 2010, 2011, 2012.... you get the idea. So, as your years move on, you can look back and see patterns or recall misplaced memories from what you previously put on the page. I love the idea for many reasons, but one major one is that what mother has time to journal, and don't we always have great things to share? Think about Facebook status's - little memories and ideas that have meaning. I love this book - and if it doesn't get off back order soon, I might just make my own!

2 comments:

rachel said...

that's a fab idea, but it does seem like you could easily make your own for a lot less!

Kathy Slattengren said...

Hi Liz,

I had a 10 year diary like this (after filling up a number of 5 year diaries ... I started when I was a teen!). Certainly I hope my children enjoy this fascinating reading! When I filled up my last diary a year ago, I decided to switch to keeping it on the computer. I've done it now since January 2009 and it's working well (I use Microsoft's OneNote). I can print it out monthly plus I have the searchable online version - the best of both worlds!

The biggest advantage of a 10 year diary was being able to read back on the previous years (I was often asking my family if they remembered what we were doing on a certain day 3-9 years ago!).

Best wishes on your diary!

Kathy